Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On to animation Manga Vs Comics.

So at this point I just discovered Digimon v-Tamer.
It wasn't the fact that it was Digimon ( The show I was in love with at the time )that hooked me
It was drawings such as this

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What got me was the use of camera angles, the zooming in on different characters the sequence of movement between the frames and many other things. It was almost like I was watching the actual show itself on paper! such techniques were either absent or not as skilled in American comics at the time. They have gotten better in these past years but I still are lacking. I will give you an example.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


See how this comic looks different. It's wonderfully drawn. it just doesn't flow as nicely as the other one right? Its like your reading a book rather than watching a movie. Its all in the story paneling. That is what started a growing passion for learning how to create such works.

Next time Ill show you my first ever comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment